Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Double Trouble

Since I'll be doing some international traveling this year, I decided to take advantage of that new dual citizenship thing and get a Swedish passport. It should make flying back to Sweden go a tad smoother, plus I feel fancy with my new EU passport and all of its awesome security features including a window in one page that makes the stuff on each facing page dance around when you move it. It was kinda surreal, though, when I picked it up and checked to make sure all the info was correct and almost went back into the police station to tell them that they had mistakenly listed my nationality as Swedish. I guess it's just semantics, but citizenship seems like less of a big deal than nationality. Also surreal: it only took three days to get it. That's when it's good to be a Swede. 

1 comment: