Thursday, February 13, 2014

Sammie

Things have been pretty slow around here, as evidenced by my recent lack of posting and this picture of my lunch. I am scraping the bottom of the blog barrel here in the name of regularity and the result is quantity over quality. But anyway. The Swede and I have been watching Breaking Bad… finally. I have no valid excuse to offer for the delay but we have now gotten the memo and the memo says that it's nothing short of magnificent. I have never seen such well-developed characters and that's coming from a Mad Men lover. But I digress. In one scene, the main character, Walter White, is making himself a sandwich to take to work for lunch and The Swede commented how weird Americans are that we can just eat a sandwich and call it lunch. A sandwich is breakfast or a snack here. And danged if I didn't suddenly love the idea of eating sandwiches for lunch. So I bought a loaf of bread and some avocados and lunchmeat and even found French's mustard, threw a pickle on the side, and called it the best lunch I've had in a while. Because, Swedish citizenship aside, I am still a weird American. 

No comments:

Post a Comment