Friday, February 21, 2014

How Can I Keep From Singing?

Another item crossed off the bucket list this week: sing with a choir again. I haven't done it since college and I've missed it so, so much. Every few months since I arrived in Sweden I've googled around, trying to find a local choir to join, but never feeling confident enough to actually contact any for an audition. Then, a few weeks ago, Mama Swede put me in touch with a friend of the family who has been singing in the local choir for year and she, in turn, put me in touch with the director. After a couple of chats over the phone, he invited me to come and listen to a rehearsal and audition afterwards. It was the scariest thing I've done in a long, long time, but when they handed me a score and let me join in I was pleased to find that I could still read music and still loved the feeling of singing with a group. The audition afterwards went well and they gave me a spot! Now I get to live one of my dreams every Wednesday!

1 comment: