Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Weekday Picnic

I can't remember if she invited us, or just mentioned her plans and I decided to crash them, but on Monday evening Jamie and I joined Linda and Sukai for a picnic during Alicia's handball practice. We packed up our blanket, cheese and crackers, cold chicken drumsticks, watermelon, and, most importantly, a couple of balls, and met up at the field near the middle school to enjoy the sunshine and warmth. The kids had a blast running around, climbing trees, and kicking balls, and so did I, on top of which I felt like an awesome mom for picnicking on a weeknight. Monday is arguably the lamest day of the week, but this felt like vacation and got me totally pumped for the rest of the summer and late, light evenings like this.  

No comments:

Post a Comment