Monday, December 12, 2011

Motley Crew

A couple of months ago, our niece Elin was in the midst of a fund raising campaign for her school or handball team or something.  You know, the ones that you just LOVE your co-workers' kids to be involved in.  Anyway, kids could earn themselves some pretty sweet prizes by selling a lot so the whole family pitched in to help Elin earn a moped.  A MOPED, people.  The Swede and I sat down with the catalog and picked out the most attractive items we could find.  I recall putting a lot of time and thought into the selection process.  So over the weekend our order was delivered.  Now, as I said, we placed the order a couple of months ago so we had both forgotten what we had ordered.  This assortment of entertainment came as quite a surprise, I can tell you.  A book about edible mushrooms?  I'm quite certain we didn't order that.  Did we?  Three-hundred and fifty-three minutes of documentary on Sweden's history?  What, because we have so much time on our hands to sit down in front of a documentary series?  A panflute CD?  Okay, that was all me and I stand by that selection.  So, yeah, expect some rando presents under the tree from our family this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment