Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Penthouse Has Perks

Okay, I want to preface this by saying that I love, love, love our home.  The Swede is on the realty websites regularly looking for the next big move, just because it is a common Swedish pastime, but we're all quite happy where we are.  I do, however, sometimes miss apartment living.  I can't explain it, really.  I don't have anything against grass and it's great for Jamie to have a yard to play in and cozy to actually see our neighbors from time to time.  I guess it's not "the dream" or whatever, but ever since my first apartment in Little Italy, Cleveland I've always imagined that I'd be perfectly content living in an apartment till the end of my days.  Now, again, I love our current home and expect that the next time we do move it will be into another house, but I couldn't help but feel a slight pang of longing when Linda and I went out on her balcony today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment