Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Voice Recognition

When I was pregnant my mom sent a bunch of books for the new baby.  Some of them I had requested, others she picked out herself.  One of her picks was a recordable version of "On The Night You Were Born".  She had recorded her voice reading the book to her future grand baby and the minute I opened it and heard I burst into tears.  I haven't dared to open it since, expecting a similar meltdown, but today Jamie got it out and started flipping through the pages and totally recognized grandma's voice.  He was grinning from ear to ear.  I imagine that this was more the scenario she had in mind when she recorded it than sending her daughter into a tearful homesick episode.  And I was so thrilled that he was so thrilled that I didn't shed a single tear.

No comments:

Post a Comment